Beatitudes: “Happy are the Pure in Heart.”
“Character Market Auction Place”- Needs: whiteboard, whiteboard markers, $200 (each child or team) of play money cut-outs, bible verses, and character quality cut-outs. Read Ephesians 4:31, to help the children understand what the Bible says about bad character qualities. Read Galatians 5:22-23, to help the children understand what the Bible says about good character qualities.
(1) “Relay Race”.
(2) “Before and After”.
NEED: Paper, Pencils/Pens/crayons. Give each child a sheet of paper and something to write with.
(3) “What I like about YOU!”
Need: 2×8 inch strips of card stock for each child to make a book mark, pens/markers/crayons, hole punch, yarn, and other craft items for decorating (stickers, glue, glitter…). Instructions: At the top of the strip of paper use hole punch to make one hole at center top (this will bee for the yarn topper, then one side of the book mark will have words of encouragement, or statements of what you like about your adult (examples: I like when you make me laugh, I like spending time with you, I like your hugs, I like that you listen, I think you are a great cook…) and the other side will have the key bible verse “Happy are the Pure in heart,” (Matthew 5:8) and some decorations.
Closing and Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, please help us today, and this week, to be people who give encouragement to others by using words to help them have courage. Thank you for walking with me and helping me to see the importance of my story. Thank you for helping us to get untangled from our difficulties and giving them to you to resolve and thank you for Celebrate Recovery and Celebration Place to help us learn tools of Recovery. Help me to share my story of hope and Celebration Place so that my Before and After story brings hope to those that you bring into my life. In Jesus name, AMEN.
(1) discuss the discovery of the centers, What did you learn? What did you experience?, (2) Share Individual Blessings, Prayers, (3) Leader Prayer: Heavenly Father, …. In Jesus Name. AMEN. (4) Read/Repeat/Say Serenity Prayer.
1. Baker, J. Baker, J. Celebrate Recovery-Celebration Place, Leader Guide 2. Copy write 2014.
2. The Biblegateway. https://www.biblegateway.com/
3. YouTube Videos/Music by various Authors.
4. Serenity Prayer from Celebrate Recovery. https://www.celebraterecovery.com/resources/cr-tools/serenityprayer.